10 GOLDEN LAWS for PET OWNERS
(1) Neuter/Spay and microchip your pet.
(2) Treat your pet as a family member; respect it as a living being that can feel HUNGER, COLD, PAIN, LONELINESS, FEAR, SADNESS, HAPPINESS, FREEDOM and LOVE, just like you and me.
Let your pet live inside the house. It should not be confined in a cage, the garage, or basement (except o for short periods of time). Nor should it be chained up and left alone in the yard for long hours. DEPRIVATION of FREEDOM is CRUELTY.
(3) Give your pet a good quality (and delicious!) diet according to age and activity level.
(4) Spend quality time with your pet everyday, a kiss, a hug, a cuddle or even a pillow talk, means the world to them.
(5) Consider adopting a 2nd pet as its companion. It is always good to have a 'playmate'!
(6) Exercise your pet DAILY. All dogs, whether big or small, need at least a good walk every day, or best, take your dog to a leash free park and let it run and socialize with other doggies. A tired dog is a good dog. At home, designate a 'playtime' too!
(7) Provide TRAINING to your pet, especially for dogs. A trained dog is a welcomed dog.
(8) Take your pet to a vet for a check-up annually.
(9) If your pet develops behavioural issues, it could be due to some underlying medical problems ro changes in family environment/lifestyle. Fix the problem rather than get rid of your pet!
(10) BE COMMITED TO YOU RET FOR THE REST OF ITS LIFE.
Most pet problems can be solved by TRAINING, TIME, PATIENCE, & LOVE